NOTICE OF APPLICATON DEADLINE EXTENSION FOR THE BEAUTIFYSJ GRANT 2017
The City of San José 's BeautifySJ Program has extended the application deadline for its next annual funding opportunity to Tuesday, October 10, 2017.
The City of San José (“City”) is committed to supporting residents in their efforts to beautify their neighborhoods and create a cleaner and more vibrant San José. The mission of the BeautifySJ Grant Program is to support residents’ efforts at reclaiming their public space and to empower residents to aesthetically demonstrate their pride in our City.
The grant program will provide financial support to projects that will:
- Engage with neighbors to reduce trash, graffiti, and other sources of blight,
- Organize neighborhood beautification projects that improve neighborhood conditions,
- Collectively create a cleaner, safer, and more vibrant City,
- Organize and conduct activities that address issues important to neighborhood quality of life, by creating cleaner, safer, and more engaged neighborhoods, and
- Conduct activities that build or strengthen the neighborhood organization
The City of San Jose’s Department of Parks, Recreation, and Neighborhood Services (PRNS) is currently accepting applications for the Saint James Park and Urban Activation Grant Program. This program funds community-based organizations and private entities to provide placemaking services that match community needs. Proposals must be submitted no later than 4:00 p.m. on Friday, November 17, 2017. For more information, please contact Ruchita Acharya, Analyst for PRNS, at (408) 793-5518.